Le sac des fans > International

Ta douleur - Your Pain ( traduction anglaise)
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant

AVA  Jeu Jan 11, 2007 11:49 am

grengo a écrit:
, if not for the structure I lime pits foreigners: us one attèle with this language since very small and one did not know all either!

Did you use a translator online ? 'coz I really don't see what you want to mean lol

Citation:
Even with English releases and TV appearances, I had to try and read about them in French on the French forum. And I can't read French at all well. So, pointless, really.

Unremarkable We know that the forum is not easy to understand for non french speaking people, but Camille is french and we're just a fan website
I think we did a lot of efforts to translate the main news when Camille was in UK, we have uploaded some english articles, english radio interviews ...
We're not bilingual and we can't work on a real english version !
That's not our job (I mean, as a fan website, to spend time to send news in every languages) even if we try to make foreign people comfortable among us
If you need some infos or translations, just ask.

LSDF's staff

Répondre en citant Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur MSN Messenger

Croftie  Jeu Jan 11, 2007 12:37 pm

AVA a écrit:
Unremarkable We know that the forum is not easy to understand for non french speaking people, but Camille is french and we're just a fan website
I think we did a lot of efforts to translate the main news when Camille was in UK, we have uploaded some english articles, english radio interviews ...
We're not bilingual and we can't work on a real english version !
That's not our job (I mean, as a fan website, to spend time to send news in every languages) even if we try to make foreign people comfortable among us
If you need some infos or translations, just ask.

Thank's for your message

As an Englishman I'm jealous of the way French people stand up for their heritage and language. I'm just pleased that we have a space on your website to let everyone know that Camille fans are arounf in other parts of the World.

My wife is bilingual (she's a French teacher) and she doesn't like Camille because she understands what she's saying and it's too avant garde for her (a song on Le Fil mentions a hat or something and it really confuses her!).

Thank you once again.

Camillien(ne)

Répondre en citant Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé

grengo  Jeu Jan 11, 2007 3:11 pm

a song about hat???

Camillien(ne)

Répondre en citant Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger

unremarkable  Jeu Jan 11, 2007 10:02 pm

Thank you, AVA.

It's just really frustrating. I always feel like I understand nothing, and am missing out on a lot. I can't ask "What are you saying?" after every post…

Although, I am sure if Camille had millions of English fans, I'd hate that too!

*orders "learn to speak French in 10 days" CD set*

Lxx

Camillien(ne)

fengap  Jeu Jan 11, 2007 11:50 pm

and why english fans of camille don't build a fansite all in english ?

Camillien(ne)

un milliard de chinois, 2 degrés de séparation...

unremarkable  Ven Jan 12, 2007 1:32 am

Because I'd have to steal everything from here!

Camillien(ne)

AVA  Ven Jan 12, 2007 12:13 pm

unremarkable a écrit:

Yeah that's true lol

But instead of creating a fan website in english maybe you can start to find in he english forums around people who like Camille and bring them here ? To make the english community grow. But that's not easy because right now there is no news (even in France), no tour scheduled ...
For your information, this forum was really hard to start at the beginning, it took almost 2 years to have people who comes everyday and participate. So to be patient is required

Btw that's the first time I see this situation: usually, that's us french people who have to create a french community and translate all the news by ourselves when we like an english or american band !

LSDF's staff

Répondre en citant Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur MSN Messenger

Croftie  Ven Jan 12, 2007 3:46 pm

AVA a écrit:
unremarkable a écrit:

Yeah that's true lol

But instead of creating a fan website in english maybe you can start to find in he english forums around people who like Camille and bring them here ? To make the english community grow. But that's not easy because right now there is no news (even in France), no tour scheduled ...
For your information, this forum was really hard to start at the beginning, it took almost 2 years to have people who comes everyday and participate. So to be patient is required

Btw that's the first time I see this situation: usually, that's us french people who have to create a french community and translate all the news by ourselves when we like an english or american band !

The problem we have in England is because our lovely lady sings in French no one is prepared to listen (and that will apply even more in the States). It amazes me that no one will just sit down and listen to the beauty of the voice and music.

The fact is that setting up an English site wouldn't be worthwhile maintaining as nobody would go to it due to the lack of English speaking fans

Camillien(ne)

fengap  Ven Jan 12, 2007 4:22 pm

you just take the example of english and american people but it could interest more generally english speaking people, like in brasil where some people knew her with the few gigs she had there or in others countries where she toured this year. sorry i don't remember all those countries. of course, i can understand that the fact she sings in french could limit her impact but it's not a reason to be too negative. and is it not the aim of these kind of forum or site everything you want, to let know something new and different ?

Camillien(ne)

un milliard de chinois, 2 degrés de séparation...

Croftie  Ven Jan 12, 2007 5:00 pm

fengap a écrit:
you just take the example of english and american people but it could interest more generally english speaking people, like in brasil where some people knew her with the few gigs she had there or in others countries where she toured this year. sorry i don't remember all those countries. of course, i can understand that the fact she sings in french could limit her impact but it's not a reason to be too negative. and is it not the aim of these kind of forum or site everything you want, to let know something new and different ?

Even though she sings in French I don't find it negative, I love the fact that she sings in French.

Personally a tour around England may produce more interest I've only enjoyed her music recently and I'm unsure whether she's sang anywhere outside of London.

Camillien(ne)

Guillermo  Dim Mar 04, 2007 8:41 pm

I know I'm joining this late but I think the translation is a great effort.

I think having only a elementary level of french like myself adds to the pleasure of listening to Camille's work. The songs stand up on their own without understanding the words and in attempting translations (which I have done) adds to the fun - even if they don't make too much sense!!

I enjoyed the gig at Scala, sadly missed Sheppard's Bush and I am really looking forward to going to one of the gigs in Paris this June (look for the confused looking English guy).

Just one request - MORE CONCERTS PLEASE CAMILLE!!

Ta douleur - Your Pain ( traduction anglaise)
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Le sac des fans > International